About Backwoodsman Magazine
Backwoodsman magazine was started in 1980 and is published bi-monthly. We are dedicated to preserving
Old Frontier style living, primitive hunting and fishing, tool and weapons lore, and wilderness survival. Each issue
includes articles, information and how-to projects associated with this unique period of North American history.
- How to build shelter, canoes, firearms and bow-and-arrows and more...
- How to fabricate clothing, create tools and other gear necessary for life on the frontier...
- Survival techniques, fire-building, cooking...
- Primitive hunting and fishing...
- Indian lore...
The Backwoodsman is published 6 times annually. Our current distribution is over 200,000 and we enjoy one of
the highest renewal rates in the industry. In addition to subscriptions, we also sell the Best of Backwoodsman,
merchandise and fishing tackle through our magazine as well as online.
Backwoodsman Magazine Staff
- Editor/Publisher - Charlie Richie Sr.
- Business Manager - Lynne Richie
- Associate Publisher/Special Assignments Editor/Advertising Director - Charlie Richie, Jr.
- Circulation Manager - Irwin Krimke
- Military Surplus Dept. - Red Meinecke
- Web Developer/Designer - Charlene Richie Mohrle
- Graphic Designer - Robin Richie Stewart and Lynne Paschal
- Ron Kesler
- David Crabtree
- A. Brent Smith
- James House
- Dean Hazuka
- Julio Guerra
- James Ballou
- J.D. Hooker
- Tom Rogers
- Richard Stross
- D.E. Powell
- Will Aygarn
- Stephen J. Norling
- Charlie Fox
- Dan Shechtman
- Frank Twist