Frequently Asked Questions
How are magazines, merchandise, Best of Backwoodsman and Tackle Company products shipped?
- Magazines that are mailed as part of a subscription are mailed 3rd class. Any magazine that is a replacement issue due the initial copy being damaged or missed is shipped via Priority mail.
The Best of Backwoodsman, Backwoodsman merchandise and Tackle Company products are all shipped via Priority mail.
How soon will I receive my first issue after I order a subscription?
- The arrival of your first issue will depend on when you order the subscription. Usually if we receive your subscription order within the first week
of the month before our next issue, you will receive the next issue. For example, if you order a subscription by the end of the first week of April 2015, your first issue will be the May/June 2015 issue.
If you order by the end of the first week of June 2015, your first issue will be the July/August 2015 issue and so on.
How do I know when it's time to renew my subscription and how can I renew?
- We will mail you a renewal notice approximately one month prior to the last issue before your subscription expires. For example, if the last issue
of your subscription is July/August 2015, you should receive a renewal notice around the first week of June 2015. There are multiple ways to find out when it's time to renew and how you can renew your subscription:
- -- Go to our Subscription Renewal Page and follow the instructions on the screen.
- -- Visit our CUSTOMER SERVICE WEBSITE (if you don't yet have an online profile, there is an option to create one as a
'New User'). Once you are logged in, click on the 'Renew Your Subscription' link on the left side of the page.
- -- Send us an email at Backwoodsmanmag@emailcustomerservice.com
- -- Mail us at PO Box 433321, Palm Coast, FL 32143
- -- Call our toll-free number 866-820-4387
How do I submit a change of address?
- Visit our CUSTOMER SERVICE WEBSITE and once you are logged in, click on the 'Update Mailing Addresses' link on the left side of the page.
- OR email us at Backwoodsmanmag@emailcustomerservice.com and provide the following: your name, your email address, your previous mailing address and your new mailing address (where you would like for us to send your subscription).
- OR mail us at PO Box 433321, Palm Coast, FL 32143 and provide the following: your name, your email address, your previous mailing address and your new mailing address (where you would like for us to send your subscription).
What if I haven't received my magazine yet?
- Email us at Backwoodsmanmag@emailcustomerservice.com to let us know the issue you were expecting to receive and we will send you a replacement copy within the next business day via Priority Mail.
- OR visit our CUSTOMER SERVICE WEBSITE and once you are logged in, click 'Contact Customer Service' link on the left side of the page and let us know the issue you were expecting to receive.
- OR you can mail us at PO Box 433321, Palm Coast, FL 32143
What if I receive a damaged issue?
- Same answer as for 'What if I haven't received my magazine yet?'
Is it safe to use my credit card to order subscriptions and/or products from the Backwoodsman Magazine online store?
- Yes, ordering subscriptions as well as our merchandise, the Best of Backwoodsman and tackle co. items is safe and secure because we have Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption in place. Our SSL certificate is issued by Verisign©
Do you accept overseas subscriptions?
- Yes, the shipping costs is $35.00 extra per year. Please note that shipping costs for APOs (overseas military addresses) are the same as for a US address.
How do I cancel my magazine subscription?
- You can log onto our CUSTOMER SERVICE WEBSITE and click on 'Contact Customer Service' OR email us at Backwoodsmanmag@emailcustomerservice.com OR
mail your request to PO Box 433321, Palm Coast, FL 32143.
How do I temporarily suspend my magazine delivery?
- Notify us online using our Customer Service website, send us an email (Backwoodsmanmag@emailcustomerservice.com) or mail us at PO Box 433321, Palm Coast, FL 32143. Please make sure to include the start and stop dates with your notification.
I had a subscription but someone just gave me a gift, will I get two issues now?
- No, we will just extend the one you already have.
When should I expect to receive the merchandise I ordered?
- All merchandise and tackle products are shipped Priority mail so generally it will take one to two weeks after we receive your order.
I'm looking for a specific article that you published a while ago. How can I find it?
- Please click here to search for past articles. We are still
adding articles to this database so if you are unable to find what you're looking for, please use our online form, send us an email at email@example.com or mail us your inquiry.
How do I submit a story/photo to you? What format do you like?
- We will accept manuscripts that are either mailed or emailed. If submitting electronically, we will take most commonly used document formats such as Microsoft Word© and Adobe© Portable Document Format (PDF).
We ask that you please use a readable e-mail font. If mailing your manuscript, mail to PO Box 1989, Bandera, Texas 78003. For more information about written manuscripts and acceptable photo formats,
please refer to our writer's guidelines.
What is best way to send a letter to the editor?
- Mail us a letter using our mailing address or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit it online using our web form and
select 'Letter to the Editor' as topic.
Who can I contact to find out more information about advertising with your magazine?
- Mail us a letter using our mailing address or send an email to email@example.com or submit it online using our web form and
select 'Advertising Inquiry' as topic.