Frequently Asked Questions
How are magazines, merchandise, Best of Backwoodsman and Tackle Company products shipped?
- Magazines that are mailed as part of a subscription are mailed 3rd class. Any magazine that is a replacement issue due the initial copy being damaged or missed is shipped via Priority mail.
The Best of Backwoodsman, Backwoodsman merchandise and Tackle Company products are all shipped via Priority mail.
How soon will I receive my first issue after I order a subscription?
- The arrival of your first issue will depend on when you order the subscription. Usually if we receive your subscription order within the first week
of the month before our next issue, you will receive the next issue. For example, if you order a subscription by the end of the first week of April 2011, your first issue will be the May/June 2011 issue.
If you order by the end of the first week of June 2011, your first issue will be the July/August 2011 issue and so on.
How do I know when it's time to renew my subscription and what is the quickest way?
- We will mail you a renewal card approximately one month prior to the last issue before your subscription expires. For example, if the last issue
of your subscription is July/August 2011, you should receive a renewal card around the first week of June 2011. You can renew your subscription one of three ways. Order a subscription
online and make sure the check box is checked for renewal, call our toll-free number 866-820-4387 or send a check or money order to our mailing address:
PO Box 433321, Palm Coast, FL 32143. If mailing it to us, you can print this order form to submit with your payment.
Click here to see a sample renewal notice.
How do I submit a change of address?
- Use our online change-of-address form, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail your new address to us at PO Box 433321, Palm Coast, FL 32143.
What if I haven't received my magazine yet?
- Use the web form online, send us an email at email@example.com or mail us at PO Box 433321, Palm Coast, FL 32143.
We will send you a replacement copy within the next business day via Priority mail.
What if I receive a damaged issue?
- Same answer as for 'What if I haven't received my magazine yet?'
Is it safe to use my credit card to order subscriptions and/or products from the Backwoodsman Magazine online store?
- Yes, our online store is safe and secure using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. Our SSL certificate is issued by Verisign©
and our online store is certified by Security Metrics© as being compliant with Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standards.
Do you accept overseas subscriptions?
- Yes, the shipping costs is $35.00 extra per year. Please note that shipping costs for APOs (overseas military addresses) are the same as for a US address.
How do I cancel my magazine subscription?
- You can cancel your subscription one of three ways. Notify us using the web form, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail your request to us at PO Box 433321, Palm Coast, FL 32143.
How do I temporarily suspend my magazine delivery?
- Notify us online, by email or mail. Please make sure to include the start and stop dates with your notification.
If I order a gift subscription for someone, how will they know it was from me?
- A gift subscription card will be sent to the receiver that specifies the subscription number of years, the name of the sender and which issue their gift subscription starts with.
Click here to see a sample gift card.
Will those I give gifts to receive renewal notices?
- Yes, they will receive these notices.
I had a subscription but someone just gave me a gift, will I get two issues now?
- No, we will just extend the one you already have.
When should I expect to receive the merchandise I ordered?
- All merchandise and tackle products are shipped Priority mail so generally it will take one to two weeks after we receive your order.
I'm looking for a specific article that you published a while ago. How can I find it?
- Please click here to search for past articles. We are still
adding articles to this database so if you are unable to find what you're looking for, you can use the online web form, send us an email at email@example.com or mail us your inquiry.
How do I submit a story/photo to you? What format do you like?
- We will accept manuscripts that are either mailed or emailed. If submitting electronically, we will take most commonly used document formats such as Microsoft Word© and Adobe© Portable Document Format (PDF).
We ask that you please use a readable e-mail font. If mailing your manuscript, mail to PO Box 1740, Fulton, TX, 78358. For more information about written manuscripts and acceptable photo formats,
please refer to our writer's guidelines.
What is best way to send a letter to the editor?
- Mail us a letter using our mailing address or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit it online using our web form and
select 'Letter to the Editor' as topic.
Who can I contact to find out more information about advertising with your magazine?
- Mail us a letter using our mailing address or send an email to email@example.com or submit it online using our web form and
select 'Advertising Inquiry' as topic.